Sunday, April 20, 2008

Not much like a mom

Everyday I think... I can't possibly be a mom. I am not calm enough or I don't have enough patience. I mean, the boy has been crying off and on for the past 2 hours. If he is the center of attention, he is fine, mostly. But if I wander more than 6 inches from him, he has a serious meltdown. Is this normal? And is normal to think.. "SHUT UP?" Or, "please stop crying" I managed to do a load of laundry and mop the kitchen while he was asleep. I gave up and let him cry so that I could get the light on the front of my bicycle (i managed to break the stupid light. Yay for Gorilla Tape!! Now his is using me as a jungle gym and screaming because he is mad, at what, I have no idea.

i can't believe how horrible I feel as a person.. he just wants to be held and there are so many other things that have to be done. Am I supposed to just pick him up? Will that make him a kid that throws tantrums? Do I wait until he stops crying and acknowledges that I am there? What is wrong in his world that is making him unhinge?

No comments: